NEET exam date 2023:The National Testing Agency in India administers the NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test), an annual medical admission examination (NTA). The most well-known exam for those seeking a career in medicine in India is called NEET, and it is regarded as the entry point to the best medical schools in the nation.
For entry into undergraduate dentistry and medical programmes in India, including MBBS, BDS, and AYUSH programmes, NEET is a requirement. There are 180 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) in the exam, which is administered in a single session and covers biology, chemistry, and physics (botany and zoology). The exam will last three hours in total.
There are thousands of students that take the highly competitive NEET exam each year. To complete the exam’s questions within the allotted time, candidates must possess a deep comprehension of the subject and a successful time-management technique. The questions are made to gauge the applicant’s level of knowledge, analytical capabilities, and problem-solving aptitude.
Both public and private medical institutes in India accept NEET results as a criterion for admission. For admission to the remaining 85% of seats in government and private medical colleges, the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) and individual state counselling authorities, respectively, conduct the counselling process. The MCC conducts the process for 15% of the total number of seats in government medical colleges.
Several factors, such as the exam’s level of difficulty, the reservation method, and the language of the question paper, have caused criticism surrounding NEET in the past. To bring uniformity to the admissions process for medical programmes across the nation, the exam has proven essential.
In order to be admitted to a prominent medical college, candidates for the medical field in India must pass the NEET exam, which is of utmost importance. Exam success depends on a well-thought-out time-management plan because it assesses the candidate’s knowledge and analytical skills.
NEET 2023 brief Highlights
|Name of the Exam||National Eligibility cum Entrance test|
|Exam conducting body||National Testing Agency|
|Minimum eligibility||10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology|
|Total no of questions||200|
|Minimum age to apply||17 years age|
NEET Eligibility Requirements 2023
- The candidates must be at least 17 years old by December 31, 2023, as the minimum age requirement.
- The candidates must have passed or taken a 10+2 exam or an equivalent exam to be eligible to take the NEET 2023.
- Candidate’s nationality should be either Indian or one of the following: NRI, OCI, Foreign National, or PIO.
- Topics of Study: Candidates who wish to sit for the NEET 2023 exam must have completed coursework in Chemistry, Physics, Biology, and English from an accredited institution.
- Marks for the qualifying exam: To pass, students needed to receive at least 50% in the subjects of biology, physics, and chemistry. The required minimum score for the reserved categories is at least 40%.
NEET exam date 2023
|Years||Date of exam||Students appeared|
|2018||May 6, 2018||1,326,725|
|2019||May 5, 2019||1,519,375|
|2020||September 13, 2020||1,597,435|
|2021||September 12, 2021||1,614,777|
|2022||July 17, 2022||1,872,343|
|2023||May 7, 2023||Updating soon|
NEET Application Process 2023
Steps to follow for NEET 2023 Registration
- NEET 2023 registration must come first.
- Fill out the application for the job now online.
- Add the necessary files and pictures.
- Make the NEET 2023 application form fee payment.
- Submit the application in and print a copy of it.
Documents needed to complete the NEET 2023 Form
- Proper identification must be presented, such as a passport, ration card, Aadhar card, bank account passbook, or any government-issued ID.
- Documentation pertaining to the candidates, including proof of their name, email address, cellphone number, and permanent residence.
- photos the size of a passport, a signature, and a left thumb impression.
NEET Physics syllabus 2023
|Class 11th||Class 12th|
|Laws of Motion||Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism|
|Work, Energy and Power||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents|
|Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body||Electromagnetic Waves|
|Thermodynamics||Atoms and Nuclei|
|Properties of Bulk Matter||Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation|
|Physical World and Measurement||Electrostatics|
|Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory||Electronic Devices|
NEET Syllabus for Chemistry 2023
|Class 11th||Class 12th|
|Basic Concepts||Solid State|
|Structure of Atom||Solutions|
|Thermodynamics||General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements|
|Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||Electrochemistry|
|Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||Chemical Kinetics|
|States of Matter: Gases and Liquids||Surface Chemistry|
|s-Block Element (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes|
|Equilibrium||p- Block Elements|
|Redox Reactions||d and f Block Elements|
|Organic Chemistry- Some Basic Principles and Techniques||Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids|
|Some p-Block Elements||Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers|
|Hydrocarbons||Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen|
NEET Syllabus for Biology 2023
|Class 11th||Class 12th|
|Diversity in Living World||Reproduction|
|Cell Structure and Function||Biology and Human Welfare|
|Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants||Genetics and Evolution|
|Human Physiology||Ecology and Environment|
|Plant Physiology||Biotechnology and Its Applications|